Errata for "Elements of Android Jetpack"
Note: page numbers refer to the page numbers shown on the bottom of
each page in the PDF edition of the book.
Version 0.3 - March 2019
- Page 19 has "donwnload" instead of "download"
- Page 51 has "will pop up the dialog the future", which should be "will pop up the dialog in the future"
- Page 54 refers to Android Studio 3.2.1 instead of 3.3.1
- Page 60 refers to Android Studio 3.2.1 instead of 3.3.1
- Page 95 mentions 7 dependencies, but the code listing shows 8
- Page 114 has a code listing that does not match the prose
- Page 120's Figure 70 has the wrong image, showing the instrumented test instead of the unit test (though they will look similar in the IDE)
- Page 137 has "an layout" instead of "a layout"
- Page 157 has "for
Button caption" instead of "for the
- Page 209 has
ConstrainLayout instead of
- Page 274 has
setBackgroudColor() instead of
- Page 306 shows the Java code twice, instead of the Java and Kotlin code
- Page 354 has We also call
executePendingBindings() on the
RowHolder, which should be We also call
executePendingBindings() on the
- Page 430 has "that will be using" instead of "that we will be using"
- Page 447's second code listing is of the wrong code — it should be showing you this code instead
- Page 472 has "the a new-fragment wizard", which should just be "a new-fragment wizard"
- Page 480 refers to the
FragmentNav sample in the past tense; that reference should have been to the earlier
- Page 491 has "the activity or fragment registering the observer in the started or resumed state", which should be "the activity or fragment registering the observer is in the started or resumed state"
- Page 496 has "Once such subclass" instead of "One such subclass"
- Page 496 has
LiveData[ArrayList<Int>] instead of
- Page 500 refers to
isActive(), which should be
Version 0.2 - January 2019
- All of the
RecyclerView samples have misconfigured dividers — they should be set up via
v0.2 tagged code in the Kotlin source code has an incorrect version of
MainActivity.kt for the
SimpleBoom project — for that file, use the
v0.1-tagged version instead
- Page 70 has "There ways", which should be "There are ways"
- Page 103 refers to a yellow banner that is not seen in the accompanying screenshot, as the associated Android Studio bug has now been fixed (yay!)
- Page 124 has "what the user may (or may not) being doing", which should be "what the user may (or may not) be doing"
- Page 237 has "where get one" instead of "where to get one"
- Page 272 has "takes a color integer pours it into", which should be "takes a color integer and pours it into"
- Page 275 has "but the that is very simple and distinct", which should be "but it is very simple and distinct"
- Page 285 has "aimed at smaller screen", which should be "aimed at smaller screens"
- Page 327 has "in in", rather than just "in"
- Page 329 has "if there instance state to restore", which should be "if there is instance state to restore"
- Page 365 has "attributed" instead of "attributes"
- Page 368 has "is is" instead of just "is"
- Page 410 shows the wrong code for launching a Web browser — it should be
- Page 420 has "we we wrap", which should just be "we wrap"
Version 0.1 - December 2018
- Page 5 has "you will need expect", which should be "you should expect"
- Page 59-60 refer to
com.commonsware.helloworld as the package, when it is really
- Page 71 has "the developer and arranges to use it", which should be "the developer arranges to use it"
- Page 93 has a disconnect betweeen the libraries referred to in the source code and the libraries mentioned in the prose
- Page 113 has a disconnect betweeen the libraries referred to in the source code and the libraries mentioned in the prose
- Page 123 has "the basics of room", which should be "the basics of Room"
- Page 125 has "you may need mentally convert", which really should just be "you may need to convert"
- Page 221 has "You
onCheckedChanged() function", which should be "Your