Errata for "Android's Architecture Components"
Note: page numbers refer to the page numbers shown on the bottom of
each page in the PDF edition of the book.
Version 0.11 - September 2018
- Page 1 indicates that the book covers Room 1.0.0, when it covers Room 1.1.1
- Page 80 has Zetitec instead of Zetetic
- Page 126 has "Other libraries may implement
LifecyclerOwner", which should be "Other libraries may implement
- Page 143 has
LifecyleFragment instead of
- Page 143 says that
RecyclerViewFragment extends from
LifecycleFragment, when in this version of the book it actually extends from the Support Library
- Page 148 has "that everything", which should be "that holds everything"
- Page 171 has "It has a
getRoot() method that return", which should be "It has a
getRoot() method that returns"
- Page 172 has "We will an example", instead of "We will see an example"
- Page 186 has "deigned" instead of "designed"
- Pages 198-199 have
getIntstance() instead of
- Page 215 has
@insert instead of
- Page 234 has "This help the
LiveData", which should be "This helps the
- Pages 276-277 have the wrong code listing, which should be of this class
- Page 276 has "we can unregister our
SensorEventListener is we have no more callbacks", which should be "we can unregister our
SensorEventListener if we have no more callbacks"
- Page 299 has "town" where it should have "down"
- Page 299 has "to get an
InputStream on that the contents", which should be "to get an
InputStream on the contents"
- Page 330 has "with few more parts" instead of "with a few more parts"
- Page 406's bottom code listing is incorrect, pulling in the wrong set of lines
- Page 415 has "you can
onConflict properties in the annotations", which should be "you can have
onConflict properties in the annotations"
Version 0.10 - July 2018
- Page 44 is missing a period at the end of the last sentence
- Page 85 says that
onDowngrade() is for when the requested schema is newer than the current one; it is for when the requested schema is older than the current one
- Page 139 refers to
onRetainNonConfigurationInstance(), which should be
- Page 152 refers to
LinearLayoutAdapter, which should be
- Page 204 has "In this respect, a
Single always behaves the way a
Flowable for a
List response behaves", which is incorrect
- Page 276 has an extra
- Page 312 refers to "Sublime Edit 3", which should be "Sublime Text 3"
Version 0.9 - May 2018
- A few places in the prose — though not the code — refer to a
compile statement, which should be an
- Page 119 has "an dependency" instead of "a dependency"
- Page 136 refers to a
WakefulIntentService, which is no longer used in this sample, having been replaced with
Version 0.8 - February 2018
- The title page still shows Version 0.7, because of course it does
- Page 22 has a SQL snippet showing a table name of
constants, which should be
Constant in this case
ToDo/MVI example is missing the
android.arch.lifecycle:extensions:1.1.0 dependency; without this,
ViewModelProviders will not be found
- Page 119 refers to
onRetainNonConfigurationInstance(), but the sample code actually uses
- Page 185 has "there situations" instead of "there are situations"
- Page 194 has a section heading referring to
LivePagedListBuilder, which should be
- Page 198 and 202 each refer to
ViewModelsProvider instead of
- Page 205 has "that that" instead of "than that"
- Page 233 has "Do we have to several" instead of "Do we have to do several"
- Page 251 has "think the know" instead of "think they know"
- Page 253 has "experience and expertise changes" instead of "experience and expertise change"
- Page 261 has "reduce users to update" instead of "reducer uses the result to update"
- Page 282 has "edit a new to-do item" instead of "edit an existing to-do item"
Version 0.7 - January 2018
- Page 135 has "Insted" instead of "Instead"
Version 0.6 - November 2017
- Page 220 has "sophsiticated" instead of "sophisticated"
Version 0.5 - October 2017
- JSON code listings are coming out with improper formatting in the EPUB and MOBI editions of the book
- Page 13 has "Create a new
Trip object with the same ID as the first,
update() the database using it, then confirm that the database was properly inserted", where the last word should be "modified"
- Page 175 has "HOwever" instead of "However"
- Page 179 has "bing" where it should be "bind"
Version 0.4 - October 2017
- Page 151 has
scuplture in the source code, which should be
- Page 182 refers to an
alpha1 release of the Paging library, when the book actually covers
- Page 186 refers to a
CitiesAdapter, when the sample app has a
- Page 187 refers to a
CITIES DIFF value, which should be
Version 0.3 - September 2017
- Various places in the book refer to the current version of the Architecture Components (e.g., Room) being
alpha8, when at the time this book was released, it was up to date for
- Page 89 has "will checked" instead of "will be checked"
- Page 142 has a hyperlink that is supposed to be to The Busy Coder’s Guide to Android Development but isn't due to a Markdown breakdown
Version 0.2 - August 2017
- Page 7 as "as we did with
Trip", which should be "as we did with
Version 0.1 - July 2017
- Many of the links to projects have the wrong repository name (
cw-android-arch instead of
- The preface's link to this errata page instead links to the GraphQL errata page
- Page 1 has "Google describer Room", instead of "Google describes Room"
- Page 13 has "in in" instead of "is in"
- Page 45 has "use use" instead of just "use"
- Page 46 is missing a backtick, so that a
TEXT keyword is not formatted in monospace properly
- Page 51 refers to
LocationInfo, which should be
- Page 58's code listing has
@ID instead of
- Page 74 has "whatever is was" instead of "whatever it was"
- Page 93's code listing has
.openHelperFactory(f), which should be
- Page 130 has "if if" instead of just "if"