Android Application Development Training
CommonsWare recognizes that books only get you so far. If your
development team needs to get up to speed quickly on programming for
Android development training can instill more knowledge more quickly.
Private Introductory Training
CommonsWare works with Opersys to offer
introductory Android app development training,
tailored to meet your organization's needs.
This course includes:
- Intro to Android and App Development
- Intro to Gradle, the Manifest, Resources, and Assets
- Android Internals and the Process Model
- Activities, Widgets, and Containers
- Adapters and AdapterView
- Using JARs and Libraries
- The Action Bar
- Multiple Activities and the Activity Lifecycle
- Fragments and ViewPager
- Resource Sets and Configuration Changes
- Files and Preferences
- Internet Access
- Intents, Filters, and Broadcasts
- Service Concepts
- Permissions, Security, and Device Administration
- Dealing with Multiple Screen Sizes and Densities
- Dealing with Different Hardware
- Remote Services and the Binding Pattern
- Testing Basics
- More on Gradle
- Overview of ContentProviders
We also have a more detailed outline available.
To discuss training content, including
creating a custom agenda for your organization,
feel free to contact Mark Murphy.
Private Advanced and Custom Training
CommonsWare can also offer advanced Android app
development training, assembled in part from
a series of packaged one-day seminars on:
Custom agendas are also possible, mixing topics
from the introductory training, the advanced
seminars, and just about anything else covered
in The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development.
If you are interested in Android app
development training for your organization,
contact Mark Murphy.
All of these offerings are taught by Mark Murphy, founder of CommonsWare.
If you wonder if Mark Murphy is a decent speaker, you are welcome to watch
some videos taken of conference presentations and other events.